Swinburne University of Technology is an Australian public university based in Melbourne, Victoria. It was founded in 1908 as the Eastern Suburbs Technical College by George Swinburne in order to serve those without access to further education in Melbourne’s eastern suburbs. Its main campus is located in Hawthorn, a suburb of Melbourne which is located 7.5 km from the Melbourne central business district.
In addition to its main Hawthorn campus, Swinburne has campuses in the Melbourne metropolitan area at Wantirna and Croydon as well as a campus in Sarawak, Malaysia.
In the 2016 QS World University Rankings, Swinburne was ranked 32nd for art and design, making it one of the top art and design schools in Australia and the world.
Swinburne is a large and culturally diverse organisation. A desire to innovate and bring about positive change motivates our students and staff. The result is in an institution that grows and evolves each year.
Area of Study
- Arts and Humanities
- Games and Animations
- Film and Television
- Science Media and Communications
- No 1 best University over Ranked on Top 3 and 45th Number in the Top Worldwide High Quality Education
- Top 3% of universities worldwide
- High quality research & training
- Ranked one of the world’s top 400 universities by The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
- Offers work integrated learning
Diploma between AUD 2,500 – 5,000
Undergraduate AUD 10% – 25% off Course Fees
Postgraduate 10% – 25% off Course Fees
2020 George Swinburne STEM Achievement PG Scholarship (30% full course fees)*
AUD 27,000 - 42,000